At P&G, Citizenship is how we refer to our efforts in Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) areas, and we’ve built Citizenship into how we do business every day.
More than ever, companies are expected to make a positive impact in the world. At P&G, making a positive impact has long been part of our DNA. In 2022, we continued to deliver superior solutions that are sustainable; continued to be committed to an equal, diverse, and inclusion world; and continued to support communities in need in Canada and around the world.
Our 2022 Citizenship Report shares stories of how our people and our brands have committed to being a Force for Growth and A Force for Good in 2022 and into the future.
Key FY2122 Canadian highlights:
- Through GlobalMedic, we donated hygiene items to Canadians in need to support the 2021 BC floods, 2022 Hurricane Fiona, the Hygiene Hub, and many others.
- P&G donated to the United Way and many other charities through the P&G Gives Back program which matches all donations from employees and retirees dollar for dollar.
- Pampers has continued to support the #PampersForPreemies campaign in 2022 by partnering with the Canadian Premature Babies Foundation and Préma-Québec to provide mental health resources for families who have been in the NICU.
Equality & Inclusion:
- We continue to use our brand voice to support social causes through campaigns like #CrestSmilewithPride, Pantene #HairHasNoGender, Olay #FacetheSTEMGap. P&G Canada was recognized by Canadian Grocer with an Impact Award for these campaigns.
- The P&G Indigenous Professional Network celebrated their first year anniversary and P&G received the Employer of Choice Certification from Indigenous Works.
- Always continues their mission to #EndPeriodPoverty through donations of feminine hygiene products to schools across Canada including the latest announcement with the Government of Manitoba where Always will be donating 3.3 million period products to the province each year for the next three years.
- Secret and Old Spice launched all-paper, plastic free deodorant packaging, as part of our Ambition 2030 commitment to using 100 percent recyclable or reusable packaging while reducing the use of virgin plastic by 50 percent.
- As part of our Climate Transition Action Plan, Tide encouraged Canadians to wash laundry in cold water to save up to 90% of the energy in every wash cycle and Cascade encouraged Canadians to use their dishwasher, even if half full, because an automatic dishwasher saves more water than doing dishes by hand.
- Herbal Essences, and P&G Good Everyday developed consumer education and awareness campaigns that planted over 58,000 trees in Canada.
- P&G was again recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers recognizing the best places to work based on workplace culture, benefits and policies, compensation, training and development, and community engagement.
Click here for our 2022 Citizenship Report to learn more about our Citizenship efforts in Canada and around the world.
Follow us on Linkedin for updates on P&G Canada’s Force for Growth and Good efforts throughout the year!